The NI Executive has announced a series of relaxations to current Covid-19 restrictions, mainly affecting the hospitality industry. The following changes will come into effect at 5pm on Friday 10 September:
- Table Service – Current requirement for table service will be eased, indoors and outdoors, to enable customers to go to the bar to place orders and pay
- Indoor Seating – Indoors, customers are still required to return to their table in order to consume their food or drink. No consumption or sitting at the bar counter indoor is allowed.
- Outdoor – The prohibition on standing to consume food and drink outdoors will be removed.
- Masks – Masks must be worn indoors when not seated.
- Pool, Darts & Gaming Machines – Executive has removed the prohibition on movement and standing to allow customers to play the following games.
- Music – Current restriction on music volume to background or ambient levels is removed.
- Live Performances – the requirement for tickets to be purchased in advance and allocated seating is removed.
- Dancing – The current restriction on dancing in indoor settings is removed for post wedding and civil partnership celebrations only. Masks must be worn when not seated.
- Home-working – While the message to work from home where possible and appropriate remains, the Executive has encouraged employers to plan for a return to the workplace with consideration of mitigations to control the spread of the virus and engagement with employees and their representatives on the beneficial use of flexible working where appropriate.