Assembly Technician – FAST Technologies
Posted on 9 November 2023
Closing Date: 29/02/2024 | Full Time
FAST is an advanced manufacturing company, specialising in bespoke machine build, automation, robotics, and software solutions for companies globally.
With 25 years’ experience in industrial automation, FAST provides best in class automation solutions with a proven track record in the application of automation across all sectors and industries. We develop bespoke technical solutions for a global client base, focusing on state-of-the-art automation technologies that are developed and can be deployed into manufacturing facilities with immediate effect.
We partner with industry leaders across the world and can provide a comprehensive portfolio comprising individual robots and robotic cells for automated production steps, all the way to large-scale customised systems.
We help our customers automate so they can focus on their core business.
What does this role contribute to the Company?
The successfully appointed candidate will play a key role within the business helping to achieve project milestones within a given time frame and budget. Reporting to the operations manager, you will be responsible for assembling equipment and parts according to specification.
What we will ask of you:
- To liaise between customers and management ensuring an orderly flow of information and materials.
- To maintain, repair and service existing / new equipment within a tidy, safe, and efficient working environment.
- To work DC Systems, in a cleanroom environment, on or with wet process equipment and / or automated assemblies etc.
- To lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify developmental and production electrical, pneumatic, automation, electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems.
- To assemble / modify systems and equipment according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- To complete all job-related paperwork and documentation as required.
- To follow all company / customer health and safety, quality procedures.
- Provide technical support to ensure production targets are delivered and quality standards are maintained.
- To operate safely machines, drills, or other power tools as / when and where required
What we are looking for:
- Have a recognised 3rd level qualification in an engineering discipline
- Mechanical or Electrical experience is essential
- Have transferable skills from a previous multi-skilled role.
- Experience of fault diagnosis on mechanical / pneumatic systems and repair.
- Be self-motivated with a positive mindset and demonstrate a strong mechanical or electrical aptitude.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-moving environment.
- Possess a competency with general computer applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What will we do for you?
In return we offer you the opportunity to work in a progressive innovative organisation, with ongoing rapid business growth, with opportunities for development. Our client base includes some of the world’s most successful technology-based companies and world leaders in manufacturing. You will have autonomy to manage your own workload, with a friendly and supportive team to work with.
To apply, visit our website > https://fasttechnologies.com/careers/assembly-technician/