Mechanical Design Engineer – FAST Technologies
Posted on 9 November 2023
Closing Date: 29/02/2024 | Full Time
FAST is an advanced manufacturing company, specialising in bespoke machine build, automation, robotics, and software solutions for companies globally.
With 25 years’ experience in industrial automation, FAST provides best in class automation solutions with a proven track record in the application of automation across all sectors and industries. We develop bespoke technical solutions for a global client base, focusing on state-of-the-art automation technologies that are developed and can be deployed into manufacturing facilities with immediate effect.
We partner with industry leaders across the world and can provide a comprehensive portfolio comprising individual robots and robotic cells for automated production steps, all the way to large-scale customised systems.
We help our customers automate so they can focus on their core business.
What does this role contribute to the Company?
As the Mechanical Design engineer, you will be responsible for developing creative solutions to the challenges associated with the design and development of machines and parts.
What we will ask of you:
You are responsible and accountable for leading and managing the process. Using and applying your own flair and imagination to generate, develop and refine concepts ideas from qualified design briefs. Liaise with the relevant clients and managers to ensure the brief is followed as closely as possible and that project milestones are met. You will lead the project through from Qualification to Launch ensuring that by this stage the design is as close to the approved product as possible, and always aligning with the qualifying information and rationale.
What we are looking for:
- Assisting in the development of new product concepts from the initial design stage through to finished products.
- Experience of contributing overall to the development of new and existing products, exuding passion, energy, and drive, and encouraging and enthusing in your position as a member of the team.
- Practice effective project management, multitasking and adhering to deadlines and budgets, and always applying the ‘best quality for the lowest price’ principle to your work.
- Source components as necessary, building relationships with suppliers and developing a reliable and trusted network who can supply for custom requirements.
- Good commercial awareness of the markets and industries, to ensure that we are keeping abreast of market demands and opportunities and working to align to our internal design guidelines and customer profiles.
- Produce documentation for internal and external customers with all the appropriate BOM configurations needed.
- Liaise with electrical engineers, project manager and wider teams, including manufacturing and production.
- Willing to carrying out inevitable ad hoc tasks to assist your manager or team, and those outside of your team as appropriate.
- Attend regular project design meetings and daily stand ups.
- Comply with all ISO Quality & Environmental policies and procedures and all health and safety rules.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or related.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a design role
- Ability to create CAD drawings with good geometric dimensioning and tolerance strategy.
- Experience of SolidWorks.
- Effectively communicates in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Previous experience working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of ISO 19650/BS 1192 Standards
What will we do for you?
In return we offer you the opportunity to work in a progressive innovative organisation, with ongoing rapid business growth, with opportunities for development. Our client base includes some of the world’s most successful technology-based companies and world leaders in manufacturing. You will have autonomy to manage your own workload, with a friendly and supportive team to work with.
To apply, visit our website > https://fasttechnologies.com/careers/mechanical-design-engineer/